Parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme are the herbs just about anyone older than Generation Xers can cite by heart because of the wonderful tune, Scarborough Fair. You will be able to talk knowledgeably about more herbs if you attend the herbs workshops hosted by the CEED Centre with guest instructor Sue Fleming, facilitator of the Intergenerational Garden and experienced grower.
Session 1 Jan 24
- Introduction, Interests Survey
- Starting with growing herbs ~ how to choose?
- Designing with herbs in your home garden
- Annual vs perennial types
- What can go wrong?
- The herb lifestyle and cooking with herbs
- Harvesting and preserving your favourites
- Recipes to try - samples
- Conclusion/ Evaluation